This is a place where my family and friends can share in my day's activities and personal thoughts.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Ahhhhhhhh, the rain.......

Edwin Arnold says: A little rain will fill The lily's cup which hardly moists the field. (The Light of Asia)

The Bible, in Psalms says: He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Longfellow says: Be still, sad heart, and cease repining; Behind the clouds the sun is shining; Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life some rain must fall, Some days must be dark and dreary. (An April Day)

Robert Loveman says: It is not raining to me, It's raining daffodils; In every dimpled drop I see wild flowers on distant hills. (April Rain, appeared in "Harper's Magazine", May, 1901)

Percy Shelley says: I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers, From the seas and the streams; I bear light shade for the leaves when laid In their noonday dreams. From my wings are shaken the dews that waken The sweet buds every one, When rocked to rest on their mother's breast, As she dances about the sun. I wield the flail of the lashing hail, And whiten the green plains under, And then again I dissolve it in rain, And laugh as I pass in thunder. (The Cloud)

James Thomson says: The Clouds consign their treasures to the fields; And, softly shaking on the dimpled pool Prelusive drops, let all their moisture flow In large effusion, o'er the freshen'd world. (Seasons--Spring)

Audrey says: I AM SICK OF IT!!!!! (Sunday 1/10/05, after 5 days of non-stop deluge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home