This is a place where my family and friends can share in my day's activities and personal thoughts.

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Tonight we have to set our clocks forward an hour because daylight savings starts. So that means I lose an hour of sleep. Which stinks because tomorrow will be a busy day and I want to sleep MORE!
Tomorrow the Chino Hills Yamaha School has its annual student recital. I have a few students participating, and I think it will be fun. I have to do duets with a few of them, and I've told them again and again to play louder because the people came to see them not me! But I think most of them are ready. Today I heard some of them because they came for lessons, and they made a lot of mistakes because they were nervous. But I told them, better they make mistakes now so that they know things like that can happen, than for it to happen tomorrow on stage and they freeze up. All the parents were asking me, so do you think he/she is ready for recital tomorrow? And I had to tell them, well they are as ready as they will ever be! I told the kids, you have to sell the whole performance, not just your piece. The way you walk on stage, sit at the piano, prepare yourself, and bow after that, all play a part in your performance. I dont think many of them believed me!
Today was the first Saturday where I didnt go to Ventura because I have to be at the recital venue to set up at 9 am. So I spent the day by myself, which was interesting because there really wasnt anything to do. I didnt want to go shopping, so there was nothing else to do. I went home and took a nap, something I've not done in ages! Then I cleaned my room a little, which means basically I took stuff off the floor and put them in the right places, and I did laundry, the thing I hate most to do. But that's good because that means I dont have to do laundry for a LONG TIME!
So I dont know how tomorrow will go, I hope it will be wonderful and fun, I'm sure it will be busy and tiring, but I hope my students do as well as they can. Their performance in a way is a reflection of my teaching abilities. So I'm praying they dont freeze on stage.
I cant believe I am losing one hour of sleep TONIGHT of all nights! Cant wait for October when I get it back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home