This is a place where my family and friends can share in my day's activities and personal thoughts.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

So today is the first day back at work after a nice week of vacation. I really didnt want to be at work! But actually, the day went pretty quickly. And I'm glad I got the break, because I felt much better about teaching today than I've felt in a while. And my students werent too bad too!
So the weekend was really nice. The wedding was very pretty. The bride had 7 attendents. That's A LOT! The reception was Japanese style. They had cranes, and they had instructions on how to make it, and they left origami paper on the tables for us to try. Well, all I can say is, it was too confusing for words. I think most of us ended up with crampled pieces of colored paper. It was kinda funny. The MC at the reception started off by saying, Ladies and Gentlemen, if I can get your attention away from your failed attempts at origami... It was funny to see everyone trying to fold the blasted cranes. I made so many creases on my paper, I had to get another one. Then I made just as many on the other piece of paper, so I gave up. It was a lost cause. A lady stopped me after the ceremony and said, You have a very nice touch on the piano. I was very flattered, because if someone says that to me, it means they know something about playing the piano, and it made me feel good that I havent totally lost touch!
Then on Sunday I sat in the sun in the afternoon for about an hour and got a little burnt. Lauren and I had gone to the beach on Friday when I went up to Ventura, and we kinda got a little burnt then already, but not much. Then on Sunday, I got more burnt, and I didnt feel it until later that night. And now you can really tell where I got tanned and where I didnt!
Becky and I went for a nice long walk on the beach on Saturday after I got done with the wedding, and it was so nice. The weather was perfect with a slight breeze and the sun out. We had a nice chat about her future plans. Then we had Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the way back. It was REALLY good. I had mine with the wafer cone. Yummy!!
I left for LA after dinner on Sunday, and had a really nice lazy Monday. Went shopping and bought another 2 shirts, because there were sales all over the place. I saw some really cute stuff, but then I thought, but that's not me! I dont wear things like that. So I didnt get them. But I do like what I got. I dont want to buy too many clothes yet because I dont know how much more weight I will lose. I hope to lose a lot more!
I cant wait for my next break. Like when I was in school, I LIVE FOR BREAKS!!! Another teacher and I were talking today, and I said, I wish it was longer and he said, yeah you need to take a whole month off. I miss my 3 month summers! The next break I have I will be back in Missouri for Lisa's wedding. I return to LA on the 3rd of July, so I will spend the 4th of July in Ventura. It should be fun. Last year I was by myself, and it wasnt very exciting.
Ok, it's now 12.30 am, so I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home